Thursday 21 January 2016

*Day Three* -Australian War Memorial, Canberra


Australian War Memorial... All I can say is wow.
The emotions felt while looking through here were emotions I had never ever felt before. So raw, so deep. It really puts what happened into perspective. 


I could of spent a good whole day just wondering through the memorial. 
 But because we did Cockington Green & The Dinosaur Museum in the same day, Zack was grumpy. 

Throughout the museum they have numerous scenes made out from the war.  




There are also letters written home to loved ones....


and guns that had been blown apart. 


The recruitment poster! 


The one thing that nearly bought me to tears were the crosses.....



Boots still had mud on them, like it was only yesterday they were stomping through trenches. (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures).

There is a massive section full of planes to! 


One day I will make it back here again! 
To reflect and remember them for all they did for us <3 
Lest We Forget x


If you would like more information on the War Museum head to their web page : https://www.awm.gov.au/

If you would like to see all the photos I have taken please head to my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.941308859239676.1073741838.820347624669134&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment