Thursday 12 November 2015

Walk A Day Challenge: Day Three! Bagnall Beach Reserve Park to Amarna Resort.



So yesterdays walk was an easy one. Bagnall Beach Reserve Park to just past the Amarna Resort. 
I wanted to go further but I seen a snake, and that was a deal breaker for me. 
I have the worst snake phobia ever. Probably not the best phobia to have when the place we are moving to will probably have more sightings of them. I did stand there for a bit and try to look at it, warming myself up to the idea of snakes. But then the sneaky cridder popped its ugly head up and looked at me, I was like 'noooooope I'm out'.



The thing about my snake phobia is, it was only about 2 years ago I seen my first one in the wild. Boy oh boy was that an embarrassing episode! We went for a walk at Blackbutt reserve in Newcastle. They had signs up everywhere warning of snakes, I thought to myself surely we wont see any, its the middle of winter. But sure enough we came across the smallest little red belly black just minding his own business having a sunbake. Oh my, apparently it was a big deal for me!I could walk past it, I was crying and hyperventilating. Hubby thought he was going to have to piggy back me past it! I have no idea why I have this phobia. Maybe I was killed by one in my past life. Who knows! 


The sky was blue and the water crystal clear yesterday! Why would you want to be anywhere else?






Thing Zackie has been enjoying these walks more then me for a change. Or maybe its the big play afterwards at the parks. 


Stay tuned for tomorrows walk xx

No comments:

Post a Comment