Wednesday 4 November 2015

Indulgence -Melbourne Cup Day Luncheon- @ Anchorage, Port Stephens

This year for Melbourne Cup, we decided to be a little bit fancy! 
Why not??? It's only a month and half till we leave and I'm all about the memory making before we go. 

So we headed to Anchorage Port Stephens. I had never been there before and upon walking through the door felt very inviting. 


I think we were seated in the best seat of the house. We could see everyone and the TVs inside but also had the best outside view of the water. 


We seated and had a Champers for a start. 

I then decided to spoil myself and got a bottle of Moscato. The table service was so amazing, that it would of only been minutes after finishing my drink and the waiters were there filling my glass again. Never had that kind of service before. 


Time ticked by fast,  I guess it always done when you are having fun and with fantastic company. 
Lunch was amazing, Pork, salmon, roast potatoes and a selection of seafood. Divine. Desert we indulged in lemon tartlets and fruit.


Made our bets, and got our sweeps before the big race that stops the nation!

It was amazing to watch the first woman in history win. Unfortunately I didn't back the winner but i got 2 seconds in the sweeps, so that was pretty exciting. 

After the race, we had a bit of fun in the Both Pro photo booth!
These guys had an amazing set up with some fantastic props!


And that my friends, was my best Melbourne Cup ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment